MotoGP Nine Times World Champion, Valentino Rossi will Race his 300th Grand Prix this Weekend in from of Home Crowd at Mugello. The visit to Mugello is always special for Valentino Rossi, as a nine-time winner at the track, but Friday’s activity in Tuscany was particularly poignant for The Doctor.
As Rossi reaches the remarkable milestone of 300 Grands Prix at the circuit where he has enjoyed so much success over the years, he wore a special ‘#thisforSIC58’ message on his leathers in practice on the day that late rider Marco Simoncelli was inducted as a MotoGP™ Legend in a midday ceremony at Mugello.
– He has taken part in 299 of the 837 Grand Prix events staged since the start of the World Championship series back in 1949. This means that he has taken part in 35.7% of all Grand Prix events
– During his career Rossi has competed at 36 different Grand Prix circuits
– Of these 36 circuits, he has taken at least one GP win at 27 of them. No other rider in the history of motorcycle Grand Prix racing has won at as many different circuits as Rossi
– The circuit at which Rossi has made most Grand Prix appearances is Jerez, where he has made 19 GP starts across the three classes
– Rossi’s victory at the Dutch TT last year, 16 years and 315 days after his first GP win in the 125 class at Brno in 1996, made him the rider with the second-longest winning career across all classes, after Capirossi. If Rossi wins another Grand Prix, he will take this record away from Capirossi